Date, Location & Venue
The FIRST® LEGO® League Open Invitational Central Europe will take place
- in Debrecen which is the second biggest city in Hungary with about 200.000 inhabitants. Debrecen is a university town with about 25.000 students. The city is about 230 kilometers east of Budapest.
- on 16-19 May, 2018.
The tournament will take place at the Főnix Hall in Debrecen, which is the second largest arena in Hungary. The multi-purpose arena holds 8,500 people. The arena was named after the Phoenix, a mythical firebird which is the symbol of Debrecen.
- adress: Főnix Hall, Kassai út 28, 4028 Debrecen, HUNGARY
Directions to Debrecen
Arrival by car
From Budapest, follow M3 towards Nyíregyháza. Change at exit 187 to the M35. A highway toll applies, and it has to be paid in advance (at most gas stations, price is about Ft 3000 for a regular car for 10 days.) It is about a 2-hour drive. Main road 4 is a bit shorter, but not recommended because it is often overcrowded.
Arrival by plan
Debrecen Airport is served by about 4-5 flights a day, from several European cities.
If your flight is to or from Budapest Franz Liszt International Airport, you can either:
- take a train to Debrecen from the railway station "Ferihegy (Budapest Airport)". There is a frequent public bus service between the terminals and the station. Costs Ft350 (approx. EUR 1.15 as of 2017), ticket available at the BKK customer service or from vending machines.
- rent a car a drive to Debrecen on your own.
- use a bustranfer to go to Debrecen. For example you can choose "Agora airport transfer" (further details at https://www.agoratrans.hu)
Arrival by train
There are regular trains app. every hour from Budapest Nyugati Station. The duration of the trip is 2.5 hours. Check the following site for timetables.